Banana – Guineo, Musa × paradisiaca
Within the Finca Yantza FoodForest we grow high diversity of fruits.
It’s not a secret that we all love Bananas. 🙂
The Banana plant is the largest herbaceous flowering plant. Without pollination from the first female part the fruits are growing. Later there are bisexual and male flowers yielding no fruits, thus cut away.
The “normal” Banana fruits will go through fumigation and every other kind of warfare to kill any possible living or organic “enemy”. This is more or less what happens locally then normally Bananas get exported and here again they get a special treatment in kind of a fumigation to kill insects etc …
Known health benefits of eating Bananas
- Bananas help overcome depression due to high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin – the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter.
- Eat two bananas before a strenuous workout to pack an energy punch and sustain your blood sugar.
- Protect against muscle cramps during workouts and nighttime leg cramps by eating a banana.
- Counteract calcium loss during urination and build strong bones by supplementing with a banana.
- Improve your mood and reduce PMS symptoms by eating a banana, which regulates blood sugar and produces stress-relieving relaxation.
- Bananas reduce swelling, protect against type II diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin B-6.
- Strengthen your blood and relieve anemia with the added iron from bananas.
- High in potassium and low in salt, bananas are officially recognized by the FDA as being able to lower blood pressure and protect against heart attack and stroke.
- Eating Bananas Aids Digestion Rich in pectin, bananas aid digestion and gently chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body.
- Bananas act as a prebiotic, stimulating the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel. They also produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients.
- Bananas May Cut Colon Cancer Risk by 72%: